Pusey is a small village of only twenty dwellings, almost all are Georgian, including the very large Pusey House with its very interesting history. The nearby Cherbury Camp is an ancient earthworks giving its name to the Benefice.
All Saints’ Church was built in 1744 by John Allen Pusey and stands in the grounds of the House. Cruciform in shape, the church is notable for its classical simplicity and has changed very little since it was built. It has especially vivid acoustics. Dr Edward Pusey, joint leader with Newman and Keble, of the Oxford Movement, lived in Pusey and his portrait hangs in the church.
Although in a village of barely 20 residents, All Saints attracts worshippers from across the Benefice, which often swells the congregation to more than the village population! The Friends of All Saints Charity does assist greatly to the Parish share and has also assisted in important renovation work to the fabric of the Church.
The churches of Littleworth, Pusey and Buckland were joined together as a single parish in 1999 under the auspices of Gainfield Parochial Church Council, which is part of the United Benefice of Cherbury and Gainfield.