This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us via the Contact Us page or write to: The Rectory, Church Lane, Longworth, Oxon OX13 5DX.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking at and enables us to improve the website.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you emails about things we think might be relevant to you.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
If you have signed up to our newsletter, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Click on the unsubscribe link in any newsletter email
- Send us a message via the Contact Us page
- Write to us at: The Rectory, Church Lane, Longworth, Oxon OX13 5DX
We will never pass on your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.cherbury-gainfield.org.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection or privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.